Inspirational Quote by J.K. Rowling

'We do not need magic to change the world, we carry all the power we need inside ourselves already: we have the power to imagine better.''

As is a tale, so is life: not how long it is, but how good it is, is what matters.'


Friday, November 7, 2008

My Family, My Love

PRECIOUS

It has been a while since I last blogged, all partly due to work and family commitments and in part due to lack of inspiration.

A recent episode in taking a family portrait has sort of rekindled my writing passion.

We went to a professional photographer to have our portraits taken. After viewing the fabulous photos amidst nice emotional music, we found out to our horrors of horror that I can never get the CD, even offering to pay a reasonable sum for it. The most I can get is to get the hard copy prints, nicely framed or choose to have a nicely bound coffee table book. The above photo is what the kind photographer offered out of sympathy that I misunderstood the T&Cs of the promotional price. One and only soft copy of our family portrait - which is why I named it "Precious".

It's truly a lesson learnt that I should always find out the details of the package before paying for the service. Some things seem too good to be true and one should never be naive enough to believe that good things come at a small price. On the contrary, there's no free lunch in this world.

The husband almost wanted to cave in and order the coffee table book. I am still thinking what's the best affordable solution (till now - NONE!) to have a copy of my photos without paying a BOMB for it.

I was given a contact of another kids photography studio and realised that it is indeed a high price to pay for capturing simple sweet memories.

I'm now in a total dilemma...to order the coffee table book as a nice memento for Ashley or to take new pictures again. hmmmmmm.........

No comments: